With a flat base that allows for techniques like poaching, searing, roasting, stir-frying and browning, this versatile dish is inspired by traditional French braisers, which employ both wet and dry heats to break down and tenderize tough cuts of meat.
Braising (derived from the French word for live coals or embers) uses both wet and dry heats in varied intensities to break down tough cuts of meat and tenderize fresh vegetables. Most recipes that call for braising involve first searing meat at a high temperature, then finishing covered on lower heat, creating a natural gravy.
The Le Creuset braiser is designed for a variety of cooking techniques, and its low profile makes it a convenient serving solution for crowded tables and buffet-style settings. From rich risottos and spicy curries to jasmine rice for stir-fry, the enameled cast iron braiser is well-suited for preparing a wide range of main courses and side dishes that require careful moisture control.
Some colors are exclusive to specific retailers.
- A flat base steadies the braiser squarely over the heat source
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Durable, nonreactive sand-colored interior enamel
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
- A secure lid that locks in heat and moisture while cooking
- A phenolic knob that withstands temperatures up to 375°F
- CAPACITY (US)
- 3 1/2 QT.
- 4 PEOPLE
- DIMENSION (US) DIAMETER
- 12 1/4"
- DIMENSION (US) HEIGHT
- 5 1/2"
- WEIGHT (US)
- 11 3/4 LBS.
- PIECE COUNT
- INTERIOR COLOR
- SAND OR WHITE (IN WHITE BRAISER)
- CAST IRON
- RECOMMENDED FOR
- BRAISING MEDIUM SIZED CUTS OF MEAT, VEGETABLES OR COMBINING THEM, BARBECUE BRAISING ON THE GRILL
- HEAT SOURCE
- GAS, ELECTRIC, CERAMIC, HALOGEN, INDUCTION, OVEN & STOVETOP COOKING
- DISHWASHER SAFE
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN