For recipes that call for a crisp topping, the Heritage stoneware oval au gratin dish provides a wide, shallow cooking area in a variety of sizes, exposing ingredients more directly to heat.
Its functional stoneware construction and variety of sizes also make the oval au gratin dish useful for everything from preparing individual sides that are small enough to fit on a dinner plate beside an entree to serving multiple portions at the table.
Some colors are exclusive to specific retailers.
- High-quality exterior enamel protects against metal marks and other damage
- Hard-wearing, impermeable finish fired at temperatures as high as 2192ºF is safe for cutting on with knives
- Unmatched thermal resistance from -65ºF to 500ºF safe for the freezer, microwave, oven, broiler and dishwasher
- Less than 1% porosity, blocking moisture absorption which can lead to cracking, crazing and rippling along the interior
- Unique clay mixture creates a very dense material when fired, maintaining even temperatures and preventing scorching
- Resistant to staining and flavor/odor absorption
- A virtually nonstick glazed interior that easily releases foods for quick cleanup
- A perfectly color-matched palette of bold, consistent tones for easy mixing and matching with other Le Creuset products