Traditionally served with a hot layer of melting cheese over the top, French onion soup has been a comfort food favorite around the world for generations. This rich blend of caramelized onions, beef broth, croutons and cheese is often finished under the broiler and is best served piping hot.
The stoneware French onion soup bowl is perfect for this French classic, with the durability to stand up to extreme temperatures in the oven and the heat retention properties of stoneware to keep soup warm long after it has reached the table.
- High-quality exterior enamel to protect against metal marks and other damage
- Hard-wearing, impermeable finish fired at temperatures as high as 2192ºF is safe for cutting on with knives
- Unmatched thermal resistance from -65ºF to 500ºF — safe for the freezer, microwave, oven, broiler and dishwasher
- Less than 1% porosity, blocking moisture absorption which can lead to cracking, crazing and rippling along the interior
- Unique clay mixture creates a very dense material when fired, maintaining even temperatures and preventing scorching
- Resistant to staining and flavor/odor absorption
- A virtually nonstick glazed interior easily releases foods for quick cleanup
- A perfectly color-matched palette of bold, consistent tones for easy mixing and matching with other Le Creuset products