The pie bird may be old-fashioned, but this time-honored baker's tool has turned out countless delicious pies over the course of centuries. The hollow pie bird vents steam from the filling as it cooks, preventing the contents from boiling over. Arches on the bottom redirect excess moisture to keep the bottom crust from becoming soggy. The top crust will be held in place, and your oven will be free of spills.
- High-quality exterior enamel protects against metal marks and other damage
- Hard-wearing, impermeable finish fired at temperatures as high as 2192ºF is safe for cutting on with knives
- Unmatched thermal resistance from -65ºF to 500ºF — safe for the freezer, microwave, oven, broiler and dishwasher
- Less than 1% porosity, blocking moisture absorption which can lead to cracking, crazing and rippling along the interior
- Unique clay mixture creates a very dense material when fired, maintaining even temperatures and preventing scorching
- Resistant to staining and flavor/odor absorption
- A virtually nonstick glazed interior that easily releases foods for quick clean-up
- A perfectly color-matched palette of bold, consistent tones for easy mixing and matching with other Le Creuset products
- PIECE COUNT
- BROILER, OVEN & MICROWAVE COOKING
- THAILAND / CHINA
No reviews yet.