Long and slim-fitting, the Kensington Parka is equally appropriate for strolling a city street or hiking a snowy trail. With smart Military buttons, waist-cinching adjustable straps, and recessed rib knit cuffs, the Kensington is a modern take on a traditional style.
Coyote Fur Ruff
625 fill power white duck down
- Centre Back Length: 37.75” (95.89cm)
- Interior shoulder straps allow you to carry the parka as a backpack when out of the elements
- Four sets of outer pockets offer great storage options as well as a place to keep your hands warm
- Two-way adjustable, down hood, with a removable fur ruff offer maximum versatility
- Elasticized nylon rib-knit collar and wrist cuffs provide a comfortable option for keeping out the cold
- Long-thigh length provides maximum protection
- Two kick pleats on the back of the jacket secure with buttons and add versatility and mobility to this longer parka
- Exterior adjustable straps at the waist gives you the option of a slimmer fit
- Fleece-lined hood provides added warmth
WHY CANADA GOOSE CHOOSES FUR
For Canada Goose, functionality is paramount. Our jackets are built for the coldest places on Earth _ places where skin around the face can freeze in an instant. In these environments _ when life is on the line _ fur is not just the best choice, but the only choice.
We do not use fake or "faux" fur because it simply does not protect as well as real fur. Faux fur is only a fashion statement and does not act in the same way that real fur does to protect skin from frostbite. Fur trim around a hood works to disrupt airflow and create turbulent (warm air), which protects the face from frostbite.
We have chosen to use coyote fur because it is highly abundant. In fact, in many regions of North America, coyotes are considered a pest as they attack livestock, endangered prey species, pets and sometimes people.
Canada Goose only purchases fur from certified Canadian trappers, and the trapping of fur-bearing animals is strictly regulated by the provincial and territorial wildlife departments in Canada. In fact, Canada is the world leader in humane trapping methods, providing the scientific basis for the Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards (AIHTS), which establishes the required standards for approval and certification of animal trapping devices.
We also take pride in the fact that by supporting this sustainable industry we are supporting aboriginal communities of the Canadian North and their ways of life. We strongly identify with the values of these communities, which are based on a profound respect for and harmony with nature.
We know that whether or not people want to wear fur is a personal choice, and we respect that. In turn, we hope that people will respect our ethical and responsible use of fur.
Canada Goose is deeply committed to the preservation of our global environment and the humane treatment of animals. We never purchase fur from fur farms, never use fur from endangered animals, and only purchase fur from certified Canadian trappers.