A new addition to the Canada Goose collection, The Montebello Parka was inspired by and named for Quebec’s beautiful, rustic and lavish Chateau Montebello. Slim-fitting with an adjustable waist and smart military button details, the hip-length Montebello Parka embodies a spirit of rugged luxury.
Coyote Fur Ruff
625 fill power white duck down
- Right inside security pocket with zipper closure provides an additional secure place to store your belongings
- Two lower pockets with flaps secured by Military button closures are perfect for safely storing your belongings
- Heavy-duty two-way locking front zipper provides durability and additional Military button closure provides extra protection from the elements
- Two upper fleece-lined pockets secured with snap closure offer a perfect place to tuck hands to keep them warm
- Fleece-lined chin guard for comfort
- Interior shoulder straps allow you to carry the parka like a backpack when out of the elements
- Left interior pocket has an additional internal stretchable pocket, perfect for a cell phone or MP3 player, with a convenient headphone access opening
- Utility pocket on left sleeve
- One-way adjustable down hood and with coyote fur ruff to provide versatility
- Low-hip length for mobility and moderate protection
- Internal elastic draw cord to adjust the waist
- Recessed, heavy-duty rib-knit cuffs keep out the cold
- Centre Back Length: 27.75” (70.5cm)
WHY CANADA GOOSE CHOOSES FUR
For Canada Goose, functionality is paramount. Our jackets are built for the coldest places on Earth _ places where skin around the face can freeze in an instant. In these environments _ when life is on the line _ fur is not just the best choice, but the only choice.
We do not use fake or "faux" fur because it simply does not protect as well as real fur. Faux fur is only a fashion statement and does not act in the same way that real fur does to protect skin from frostbite. Fur trim around a hood works to disrupt airflow and create turbulent (warm air), which protects the face from frostbite.
We have chosen to use coyote fur because it is highly abundant. In fact, in many regions of North America, coyotes are considered a pest as they attack livestock, endangered prey species, pets and sometimes people.
Canada Goose only purchases fur from certified Canadian trappers, and the trapping of fur-bearing animals is strictly regulated by the provincial and territorial wildlife departments in Canada. In fact, Canada is the world leader in humane trapping methods, providing the scientific basis for the Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards (AIHTS), which establishes the required standards for approval and certification of animal trapping devices.
We also take pride in the fact that by supporting this sustainable industry we are supporting aboriginal communities of the Canadian North and their ways of life. We strongly identify with the values of these communities, which are based on a profound respect for and harmony with nature.
We know that whether or not people want to wear fur is a personal choice, and we respect that. In turn, we hope that people will respect our ethical and responsible use of fur.
Canada Goose is deeply committed to the preservation of our global environment and the humane treatment of animals. We never purchase fur from fur farms, never use fur from endangered animals, and only purchase fur from certified Canadian trappers.