Cast iron skillets have long been treasured kitchen staples for stovetop frying and oven baking ó and the Iron Handle Skillet from Le Creuset delivers that same level of reliable performance time and time again. With a durable satin black interior enamel and brilliant exterior enamel, the Iron Handle Skillet is protected inside and out from chipping, cracking and excessive wear. Over time, the skilletís slightly abrasive interior develops a natural patina that is ideal for searing and frying.
Comfort foods like cornbread are often prepared in a cast iron skillet lined with bacon drippings or vegetable oil ó and chefs everywhere attest to the cast iron skilletís unique ability to produce the desired balance of a crispy golden crust and a soft, fluffy interior.
Some colors are exclusive to specific retailers.
- Spacious cooking surface for multiple servings and larger ingredients
- Le Creusetís durable black enamel finish (no seasoning required)
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
- A strong iron handle provides a steady grip during use and transfer