Whether you are day-hiking or backpacking in the front or backcountry - the Trail Crampon is a solid choice of crampons for superior traction on icy (e.g. frozen lakes, river or canyons), snow packed or muddy trails. Tested on the trails of the Himalayas, the Trail Crampon is guaranteed to handle diverse winter terrain and weather conditions. Utilizing an ergonomic plate system, these cleats provide excellent traction, reduces muscular fatigue and gives you confidence for your winter wilderness pursuits.
These crampons are built to last - covered by a two year limited warranty.
- Versatile: Can be combined with hiking shoes & boots (rigid soles) and insulated boots (winter boots) and suitable for several different types of snowy, icy and muddy settings
- Reliable grip and comfortable: 11 carbon steel 2/3 inch spikes that are dispersed across a broad area as well as an ergonomic plate system. Enables even weight distribution and reduces fatigue muscles
- Secure fit: Velcro strap across the foot and textured elastomer harness (inside) for extra grip to the shoe
- Carry bag included: A convenient puncture-proof carry bag for storage before & after your adventure
- Heat-treated carbon steel spikes
- Heat-treated carbon steel plate system
- Stainless steel chains
- Elastomer harness
- 16.3 oz | 462 g (pair)
- Length 2/3" | 1.7 cm
- Number of spikes: 11
- Hiking (ice, snow, mud)
- Backpacking (ice, snow, mud)
Perfect For A variety Of Winter Hiking Conditions
I have had a pair of these for a number of years. On a recent outing my wife and I were wearing another brand of microspikes, while our friend was wearing Hill Sounds. Conditions were icy throughout the climb, yet he had much greater confidence and was able to go down hill without any issues while we had to take extra care to set in our spikes. The extra length of Hill Sound spikes, the solid plates and the extra top strap make these a great product with only a very small weight gain. Highly recommend them for winter hiking.
Was this helpful?